Christmas Eve, Papa Vic & I were feeling a bit glum and just staring at our computer screens, missing our children who were far away. There arose a noise from the front door... but I still didn't rise... no, just typed away. Alisha called me... "Nonna! Nonna look!"
I looked up to see her holding a small girl who looked a lot like my granddaughter Evelyn Joy. Then another child pushed past her and stared at me. I thought I was seeing things, as she looked just like my Jerusalem Rose! Suddenly time resumed and I realized that, indeed, these WERE my grandchildren from Arkansas, in the flesh! And there were many tears of much happiness. It was a Christmas that I lived in the moment, knowing it would end too soon, but wanting to be grateful for every single moment.
In the pictures below...
Nikki opening the gift from Mama & Daddy. It was a copy of the medallion of St. Anna teaching
her child Theotokos at her knee. I have had mine my whole life, but have only a guess of where it came from. I'd looked for another like it for many, many years. Finally, I found a jeweler who could make a copy for a reasonable price... and did.
What a joy to be able to pass on one of my most precious possessions to my daughters!

SarahJoy and Nichole

Our Bryce, the Younger Marine

Nonna with her precious first grandchild

How many people can you fit on a couch? Well, at the moment... 11!



No comments:
Post a Comment