
On the deck of Princess Lodge overlooking Cooper Landing at the neck of Kenai Lake where the Kenai River begins
(back: Alisha and Laura; front: Isaac, Elijah, Christina & Veronica. SarahJoy took the picture)
I am forever resorting the pic files on the computer. *certain* girls seem to think 'the more files the better', so I try to put things back. Works about as well as trying to clean up after the Herd.
So, I came across my 2002 file, and saw this trip to Homer that I made with the kids. I used to travel as much as possible with the kids. Vic often had to work, and before that he was going to school. I had a lot of years of illness, so getting out of the house was a really good thing for all of us. For a couple of years, we'd go to Homer as often as possible, for the "simpler" life it afforded us.
Simple indeed. The cabin we stayed at was rustic. No running water, so we had to haul from town in 5 gallon containers. There was an outhouse, too. We all slept upstairs in the loft. The living area was a single large room. I absolutely loved it.
The kids would snuggle with me at night while I read stories of Daniel Boone until the children fell asleep. The next day they would re-create the stories they'd heard the night before. They got to play with their Koumbadi (godfamily), who were also home schoolers. I yearn to do it again. No phone. No tv. No computer either. That's totally okay given the trade-off.


Sarah Joy Veronica & Christina


Elijah and Isaac from their Suburban seat.... Veronica & Victoria on the Bluff



No comments:
Post a Comment