Monday, December 15, 2008
Newly Illumined
Finally, I've got a little time to post about the Baptisms and Chrismations that occurred on Vic's birthday, Sunday, November 30th. For our three children, this was a long awaited event, as they'd been home for 26 months by the time this finally happened. But God knows why we need the time that we do, and while I would have liked for it to have happened sooner, I firmly believe that it happened exactly when it was supposed to, and not a day too soon or too late. God alone knows what we need and when.
To review: Baptized & Chrismated:
Bianca Sophia ~ godmother Helen Mathews Coleman
Samuel Mark Sergius ~ godpfather Tom Frizelle
Isaiah John Menas ~ godfather Tom Frizelle
granddaughter Adelaina Nicole ~ godmother Christine (Young) Rogers
and Alisha Temple Elwell is godmama to Gabriela Eden Ouzounides and
John Ouzounides is godfather to Anthony Michael Elwell
While I watched the service I was struck as never before of the knitting of Community that was occuring right before my eyes. Family weaving into family, and person to person. I sense both a stepping back of myself as mother and primary caregiver, and a drawing in of others to myself and I to them. This is the first time I have sensed it so clearly and fully.
I took pics & video of most of the events. Will post what I can here.
Baptism of the handmaid of God, Bianca Sophia ("Purified Wisdom")
Baptism of the servant of God, Samuel Mark Sergius ("God hears his humble servant")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment