Last night's Forgiveness Sunday vespers heralded the beginning of the Lenten season for us, perhaps not a moment too soon. I barely made it to Divine Liturgy in the morning - I've got four different things all working against me at the moment - there was no feasible way I could come up with being able to make it to vespers and be able to stand that long. I gave myself about 2 minutes to be angry and upset - it's more because I'm tired of the cumulative time I've spent ill over the past 20 years than anything - then used what energy I had to make a simple pumpkin soup.
Ahhh, it was lovely. Never knew I'd like pumpkin soup. Took a bowl to Vic, telling him, "mmm, smell it! doesn't it smell yummy!" Oh, and it was! It was even enough to get Veronica out of bed, she's been down with a cold all weekend.
The rest of the kids made it to Forgiveness vespers, that is after I rooted Elijah out of the loft where he was playing video games after thinking that telling me "I have holes in all my jeans" somehow changed my instructions to get to church. The child put holes in THREE pair of jeans within 2 weeks. I can't keep up with that! I sewed up one pair, and the very next day he had two holes instead of one. Hey, if you can't wear holey jeans to church, where can you wear them?
Elijah's also still growing like a weed. I think at last measurement, he'd reached 5'10". Isaac is 6'1". It's pretty tough to keep kids that grow like that in clothes as it is!
Next weekend has been slated as clothes shopping day, especially in the way of school clothes for the boys. Josiah's pants I may have to buy online... as anytime I can get weight on him, he adds height, which puts him into very difficult to find sizes. He gives the term "bean pole" new meaning! Isaiah puts holes into every pair of pants known to mankind... even Carharts. At least they LAST longer than regular jeans, so it's Carhats that he has to get. The plan is to make it to summer, then we can cut off his jeans and he can wear them as shorts.
As it is Lent, we will also be purging our drawers and closets, which have all gotten too full. I was thinking I should have each of my girls choose 5 items of mine that they hate to see me wear... that should be pretty easy for them! Clean out my closet in no time!
After that, we can move on to spring cleaning. I can hardly wait for the weather to turn warm enough to actually be able to work on getting CLEAN windows again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment