Friday, February 27, 2009

Survivor

The show was never very interesting to me... I feel like I "play" that game every winter here in Alaska. This year is not different... except that it's worse. I've lost track of how many kids had mono this winter, and now it looks like Elijah is coming down with it only two weeks into his starting at Middle School. Isaac missed the entire month of December at school due to mono. Elijah is part time (4 classes) and supposed to go full-time as of March 16th, and has plans to be on the track team. I hope and pray that it isn't mono, but just a normal virus that's giving him an extremely sore throat. We'll likely be okay unless he develops headaches too.

This winter has been about surviving unlike any other winter before. I am praying we will have an actual summer this year. Something about La Nina causing our last joke of a summer. You know, the joke being, "What do you do in Alaska during the summertime? Well, it depends, if it falls on a weekend we have a bar-b-q!"

Yeah... the joke wasn't quite so funny when it was true... and it didn't fall on a weekend.

No comments: