It's Saturday morning and I woke up dreading how little time I have left until I go back to work ... on the Slope... 857 miles away ... in 4 days. Having foolishly imagined coming home to dote on my husband, cooking for my family, spending relaxed educational time with my kids who need it, and taking the others to school, it has become anything BUT those things. Instead, it's that dream... where you're running and running and just can't get there? where the risk of suffocation is imminent.
I've been making mental lists, but anything past four items just shuts that computer down.
I've been making mental lists, but anything past four items just shuts that computer down.
Man... do I need defragging!
As I need a list I can find, I'm making it here, of the different projects I have to take care of:
Medical (aka $$$$ and bills, bills, bills):
The "Flexible Spending Account", which is a friggin' misnomer. So NOT doing that again next year. THEY mess us, and it puts the account into lockdown until I fix it. I've got to get all the receipts together to turn in to show we've spent - what is it this time? - $952? - and can start using the money that's in there.
I started out with a pink file. All the medical this year has been put into pink files.
I don't think the store has anymore pink files in stock. Any store. Within 25 miles from here.
As I need a list I can find, I'm making it here, of the different projects I have to take care of:
Medical (aka $$$$ and bills, bills, bills):
- Neurodevelopmental testing for 8 kids: about $1700 left on the original $25K. $50/month is going to have to do... now to keep track as the months are going screaming by. This of course has led to the identification of needed therapies, IEPs for school, etc., etc.
- Isaac's orthodontia. This month's bill was $175. It varies between $150 and $250. His oral surgery is on hold while he is in Arkansas at school. Which reminds me, Elijah & Josiah need to go to the orthodontist... ugh. Good news being Veronica gets out of her braces soon, and we're done paying for hers. This is why we drive old cars. Our car money is in my kids' teeth.
- Arkansas Hospitalization bills. That $50K stay is down to around $2500, I think. Of course those bills are never consolidated and they all look alike... same stationary, same title except one says "hospital" and one says "clinic" somewhere on it. Things like that. Note to self: I need to call them.
- Get all the little niggly bills together and get them paid. I saw a couple of $20 ones hanging around.
The "Flexible Spending Account", which is a friggin' misnomer. So NOT doing that again next year. THEY mess us, and it puts the account into lockdown until I fix it. I've got to get all the receipts together to turn in to show we've spent - what is it this time? - $952? - and can start using the money that's in there.
I started out with a pink file. All the medical this year has been put into pink files.
I don't think the store has anymore pink files in stock. Any store. Within 25 miles from here.



No comments:
Post a Comment