And that's how we roll around here. We primarily homeschool, but there are times and circumstances when other situations, or variations on the theme are in order. I wish I had a crystal ball at times to know what exactly to do when. It does require a great deal of prayer, which I don't always provide; and prayers bring answers I'm not always ready to fulfill. Generally answers that require greater faith, such as returning to pure, non-charter school homeschooling for particular children. Now THAT takes faith!
I think a lot of re-entering the work force these days. Having retirement looming so closely as Vic & I approach 50 will do that... bring on anxieties and worldly cares in a new and intense sort of way. I love working, that has never been a problem. Now being a workaholic however, has been, with 40-hour weeks creeping into the 50 & 60 hour work weeks. I just need an extra 40 hours a week to be able to take on a yob, as we like to call them around here.
For now, I've been hearing that verse resonating in my empty soul, "I shall be content in whatever situation I find myself in." I struggle because I'm a "fixer". I want to make things as right as I can. It is no longer directed outwardly as it was in my 20's and even 30's; but inwardly. I have to "fix" my situation, my health, my SELF. Hmm, if I'd started with those, and realized how utterly difficult and impossible to 100% succeed at, I'd have skipped all the outward attempts earlier on. But, that's now how we humans learn.
So, for now, I continue to home educate my three teen daughters, and my sons Josiah and Isaiah John. Josiah hasn't been well lately. With mono having run thru the house of so many teens this year (since October, last fall), it may be his turn. He is having to sleep 12-14 hours a day.
Great... speaking of Josiah, he just brought his glasses to me. Another pair bites the dust. "What happened to your glasses, Josiah?" What was obvious to me wasn't so obvious to him. The trials of having a puppy in the house. He didn't put his glasses away properly at bedtime, they ended up in the puppy zone (on the floor). They have now been puppy-fied. I think he's actually due a new pair... I hope anyway. He only gets 2 pair a year.
Well, off to pick up two noisy boys from school. They will have tales to tell, homework, then the rest of their history to do, which they still do at home. Josiah is just getting started for the day. Isaiah's almost done, and the girls are at various places. I have hope beyond hope that we can get one or two of Christina's classes tied up by the end of the week.



No comments:
Post a Comment