With a large and growing family, having a single place to connect is becoming a greater and greater need. Sure, Vic & I have our Facebooks & MySpaces, and the number of email accounts alone has become absolutely mindblowing. Every other account wants us to have one. A yahoo address for my yahoogroups (it's become my junkmail address). One charter school requires we use their email account. I have another just to have ALL the school stuff sent to... as much as possible. Another has a better chat connection. (I prefer chat because I can multi task and talk easier than on the phone.) Clearwire, gci, hotmail, mail2world, gmail, yahoo... and there's more, some for reasons I've forgotten.
And then there all of those accounts we take care of online. Banks, bills, investments, pictures. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to keep up with them all, when I do. So just as I must breathe in, I must also breathe out, and a little purging and clearing out is in order. And whose voice IS that I hear in my mind that is saying in that oh-so-snarky voice, "Good Luck!"
Voices like that are no help at all.
I love Christmas letters. I love to receive them and actually read them. I love the pictures. I don't mind writing them (too much). But frankly I have a hard time remembering what happened this past year. Some people's lives are a notebook. They can generally remember the contents of this year's notebook. Mine has become a filing cabinet with four packed drawers. So I'm going to give myself a teeny break, save a tree, and blog it. In a perfect world, my kids would take turns blogging a little too, and sharing what's happening with them. But, I make no promises. I know better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment