Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm 50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are my candles ;)
It's 8 in the morning and I'm sitting in the SEA-TAC airport with Vic, waiting for our connection to Pasco. I am soooo thankful to Bryce's new wife, Holly's, family who used their air miles to bring us to their one-and-only daughter's wedding. I took a peak online at the place where it is being held, and it's like they took a piece of Tuscany and transported it to Washington. Terra Blanca... "White Earth". It is absolutely beautiful.
Yes, I openly admit that my heart sinks that this is not a sacramental wedding; but that is tempered by the hope that I have that they will make the opportunity to crown their marriage with the final act of obtaining the blessing of the Sacrament. Even the very thought gives such a sense of fullness, of completion. Then the earthly beauty of what will happen on January 16th will be all that much more beautiful. And... it ... WILL... be ... BEAUTIFUL! (If you haven't clicked on that link, click it!) Can't wait to post pictures.
Argh... I am not at all sure that I am very coherent at this point and time. I've had 4 hours sleep in the past 3 days. Organizing 7 children for the next week, fetching Veronica's box that we had feared lost from the Post Office, getting a new driver's license (mine disappeared Sunday), working on taxes, getting child care permissions notarized, calling Josiah's medical insurer and trying to find out WHY his medical coverage disappeared while I was in the hospital... oh, and packing. Who had time for sleep?
Getting my new driver's license the day before my 50th birthday was - believe it or not - FUN. DMB was practically empty, so I zipped right thru. Vic only had time to put gas and oil in the car before I was done. While I waited for him I zipped over to talk with the folks about Josiah's disappearing medical coverage. With his disability he's supposed to be continuously covered (secondary to Vic's coverage from work). While I was in the hospital, it stopped. No one can tell mewhy. All the notes say that he's covered. But he's not. And the guy in the know - whose title is Title IV Sympathizer (yes, that's really his title) - is not calling me back.
Now, I sympathize that he may be busy; but I need more than sympathy for my kiddo! I need coverage for real! He has his dental appointment coming up, needs a new pair of glasses, he has regular therapies (& I need to get him started/restarted on some more of that). Anyhoo... gotta love the government way of doing things. Or do I?
For now, I'm having a ball on Facebook. 25 "Happy Birthdays" thus far! ;) It really is a fabulous social network.

No comments: