Sadly, I missed being able to send timely birthday good wishes to GranJoy and to my sister Kelly, who both had a birthday on Sunday, the 18th.
Granddaughter Ani had her 5th birthday on Saturday, the 17th. I was moping around that I couldn't be with her for that.
Bianca's 15th birthday is Friday, the 23rd; and Elijah's 12th is the 31st. Bianca's friend, Lindsay, is having a party for her at her house... I'm making the cake, a double chocolate with chocolate strawberries on top (if I can find the strawberries!).
We do "birthday dinners"here, making the birthday person their favorite meal. Bianca has elected Chicken Parmesean, which we'll have Sunday night. The next Sunday will be Elijah's turn with London Broil. That will prove the most interesting since I haven't had a working broiler on my stove for quite some time. The stove needs to be replaced, but alas, it's not the stove's turn yet ;) We really put our appliances through their paces! Fortunately, we have a great, Greek-owned meat shop in town that I've started buying all our meat from. Much better prices and very fresh. And of course, they sell gyro meat! Last nights dinner was gyros and falafel with my home made tzatziki. Yummm... I have really figured out the recipe!
I'm still having to pace myself and tire easily. I'm just glad to be rejoining the living again.



No comments:
Post a Comment